1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No Data ???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by systemofadown, Jun 24, 2013.

1. systemofadown

systemofadown Android Enthusiast

But I do have talk & text working... Boost finally told me to do a factory reset as they cant figure it out either. I still have no voicemail either even after PRl & profile updates, clearing VM data & ##72786#... The rep told me to power down - up again - settings- update profile -update prl - then enter ##25327# - then enter ****** - hit ok then yes... I enter ##25327# but nothing happens so I try ##data# & it opens right up... Weird huh?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gendo420

Gendo420 Android Enthusiast

I was having the exact same problem, I made them escalate my case, they forwarded me on to Sprint's tech support, turns out they are working on towers in my area. It may be the same for you.

Doc and systemofadown like this.
  3. systemofadown

That's good info :) Be funny if that's the case here - I'm gonna hold off on the factory reset for a bit..

4. kevincott

kevincott Android Expert

Also happened to me, but they went as far as patching me thru to Samsung for an RMA.

I drove 5 miles down the street and had data again. My frustration was from Boost repeatedly saying my local tower was working fine. :(

5. systemofadown

Looks like you guy's were right, I cut my Wi-Fi off this morning & tried yahoo mail - it loaded & refreshed just fine.. :D

6. Gendo420

Gendo420 Android Enthusiast

Probably going to be seeing a lot of this since it looks like Sprint is actually doing stuff with the towers all over the place.

7. systemofadown

ok I hit it with the factory reset, that solved everything from not having data to not having a functional voice mail app... Thanks for the help guy's - guess my phone had just decided to screw me over lol..... All seem's fine now :)

8. goldfishbowl

goldfishbowl Newbie

i lost data in atlanta and never got it back all the way to michigan. Im back in indiana and its still not working for 3G. It tries 4G which is not LTE so none...but it won't even attempt 3G from what I can tell.

oh, no, i got 4g in tennessee long enough to get the google maps to work. So data works, but 3G does not.

9. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

Turn mobile data off and then back on. Did you make any changes to your phone?

10. goldfishbowl

goldfishbowl Newbie

ive turned it off and on many times and that doesn't change anything. 3G never lights up. 4G tries, then X. Stock rom rooted.

11. systemofadown

Sounds a lot like mine, stock Rom Rooted - no data.. But my 3g seemed to be running, just no connection no matter what.. Wifi worked with no problems though. Factory Reset after backing things up took care of it. I do understand that that is not what you wanted to hear - but as a last resort it should work in my experience. (buy a copy of Ti Backup, it really is a lifesaver as all here will tell you) ;)

Doc likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews