1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support No Daylight Savings in Time Zone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shadragon, Jul 6, 2011.

1. shadragon

shadragon Newbie
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    Good Day,

I have an HTC Incredible S brand new out of the box last week (2.3.3), but am fairly sure this is an OS related bug not phone specific. However, you have to start somewhere. :D

I am in the Atlantic Time zone which is -4:00 GMT. However, we also observe Daylight Savings so it should be -5:00 GMT at the moment. If I set my phone to Atlantic time zone it says "GMT -04:00 Atlantic Standard Time" in the "Set Time/Date" menu where it should be "GMT -05:00 Atlantic Daylight Time". There is no place to select Daylights Savings time to be taken into consideration. As a result, SMS messages received from local people are an hour behind. So if I send out a message at 11:23 I will get a response to it saying it was sent at 10:27 which screws up my conversation flow as it is ordered by time. :thinking:

I tried setting the time to automatic network settings, but the time goes to an hour in the past. Again, the network is taking DST into account but the phone does not.

The only app based solution I can find requires root access and I am not comfortable with that yet.

Is there a solution?

Cheers.

Advertisement