• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NO decent phones for sale on VM site?

They got the iphones back in stock but that's not really helpful. I am hoping they get something soon! I have an HTC desire which gets me by but it's even getting old, I can't imagine still trying to use an optimus V which I had a few years ago and was running out of memory even then like once a week or so. GOOD LUCK! Might be time to switch?

Upvote 0
I managed to get through to a little higher ups and they said that they were not going anywhere. They have added the iPhone again and now their first windows phone.
As for android it seems they are going to let Walmart handle the bulk of those. So if you want to upgrade your android for now you have to buy from Walmart and start a whole new account.

Upvote 0
So if you want to upgrade your android for now you have to buy from Walmart and start a whole new account.

Why would you need to create a new account? I bought my LG Tribute from Walmart and when my GF dropped it and cracked the screen, she ordered me a replacement from Amazon. In both cases, I just logged in to my account and did a swap... no "new account" needed.

Unless you're talking about the $25/month plan... in which case, you're kind of screwed.

Upvote 0
Why would you need to create a new account? I bought my LG Tribute from Walmart and when my GF dropped it and cracked the screen, she ordered me a replacement from Amazon. In both cases, I just logged in to my account and did a swap... no "new account" needed.

Unless you're talking about the $25/month plan... in which case, you're kind of screwed.

At this point, all the phones available at Wal-Mart are for Virgin Mobile's "Data Done Right" plans. The branding is still VM, but they are treating it like an entirely different service. You need to create a new account and transfer your number to it in order to use the phone; you can't just go online and perform a swap within your current account.

This hasn't been well-advertised, so consumers are confused, and having problems trying to use the Data Done Right line of phones with their current VM accounts. Adding to the problem is the fact that this is the only place new phones have been getting released in the past several months. It looks like DDR is where VM is staking most of their future.

Reactions: tuller
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones