1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support No difference in battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crboone, Sep 29, 2010.

1. crboone

crboone Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    USA
    I believe I can unequivocally say that I cannot get good battery life from my X with moderate usage. What I mean by "moderate" usage may mean something a little different than most. But I like to listen to music, browse the web, etc fairly regularly. However, using my BT headset, it doesn't appear that the music app really drains that much battery.

I am on 2.2, rooted, using SetCPU to reduce CPU usage at set intervals and my display is set to 30%. I also turn off my display frequently, and the timeout interval is set to 1 minute, 20 seconds with a widget (so that's the max length it stays on). I have GPS and Wifi turned off. However, I do have to keep background data on because I have email alerts pushed to my phone 24/7.

Today I have not listened to any music and hardly browsed the web at all. All I have done is worked on updating my home screens. I unplugged at 6:45am and was down to 30% battery by 3:15pm.

Any other suggestions to help improve battery life? I'm thinking extended battery, but at this rate, an extra 20% isn't going to help all that much for the money. I'll end up recharging by the end of the day anyway.

Advertisement

2. I don't have hard evidence to prove it, but when I bought my extended battery it really seemed to make a much bigger improvement on battery life than just 20%. I know you can't cheat physics, but for what ever reason it seemed to double my battery life at least. Perhaps I just had a really inept stock battery, I don't know, but I'm very satisfied with my extended battery to say the least. You should give it a try.