1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No disc with new Galaxy Ace

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dotmatt, Jan 14, 2013.

1. dotmatt

dotmatt Lurker

I've owned my Galaxy Ace for a fortnight. I didn't receive a disc with it so the drivers won't install on my laptop running Vista. Neither can I download Kies to my laptop, It just won't go beyond 1%. Where can I get a disc from please?

2. Powie21

Powie21 Newbie

Do you mean it wont go past 1% when downloading from the Samsung website?
    Google search for a mirror and download from there, most popular software sites such a CNET have a link.
    I personally don't use Kies as its not a great piece of software so i just googled for S5830 drivers and downloaded them seperately.

3. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Android Expert

Discs generaaly don't come with phones the drivers usually have to be downloaded.

dotmatt likes this.
  4. dotmatt

dotmatt Lurker

Thanks - I tried this and really thought it was going to work. Now it's asking for the disc (again) so it can download CDC ACM drivers. I've googled the term and keep ending up getting advice to go to Samsung support. There is only a Kies software download available there.

5. Ryuinferno

Ryuinferno Well-Known Member

You can just simply go to Samsung's website and navigate to the download section of SGA...they have manuals, drivers and kies for download...

6. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

go to sammobile.com, drivers are available there, they work without any problems.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews