1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support ..no disk in the drive.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TGinAZ, Jul 24, 2011.

1. TGinAZ

TGinAZ Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    I'm new to the Android stuff, and have had my Charge just a couple of weeks. And for this minor issue, I've tried searching, but I'm not even sure what to search for....

I have installed the Samsung USB drivers on my PC. When I plug the Charge into a USB port, it is recognized and I can see the SD card contents. OK, that's just fine.

But a few seconds later I get a pop-up with a subject of "Stealth V (SCH-I510)", it contains the Verizon and Samsung logos, and the words "Software is available that will help your Stealth V (SCH-I510) communicate with your PC. Install now?"

I click NO, and that window is replaced with an error message window telling me it can't find a disk in drive D:. None of the three options in the window allow me to get rid of the error message. Very frustrating! It only goes away when I unplug the phone.

How in the world do I get rid of this stuff without installing the blasted software?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. W_A_Watson_II

W_A_Watson_II Well-Known Member
    None

I have the same issue on my XP Notebook, but never had the issue with the Win7 machine.

3. malik.husain

malik.husain Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    I have the very same issue. And made the foolish mistake of installing the software which crashed my PC altogether. I landed up reinstalling XP. It's a shame that a company like Samsung and Verizon have released something like this without even testing it properly!!