1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No Download Mode on Galaxy Pop CDMA!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xyancompgeek, Dec 25, 2011.

1. xyancompgeek

xyancompgeek Lurker

Hi. I got a Galaxy Mini about 3 Months ago. Since i live in India its called galaxy pop and it is CDMA, not GSM. I managed to root it using SuperOneClick 1.7. That was when i noticed some problems cropping up in my phone:
    1. When WiFi was turned on, the phone would randomly go into a semi-off state. By Semi-off, i mean that a person would call but the phone would give no ringing or display. It would act like it was turned off! Had to long-press power button to make it restart.
    2. There was no Download Mode combination. I tried all combinations (Vol Up+Home+Power and Home+Power and Vol Down+Home+Power). Nothing worked! It only went into a (seemingly) recovery/download mode when i put in a certain number combination to factory reset it: *2767*3855#
    3. The phone is obstinate about remaining in 'USB Debugging' mode. Even if i disable USB Debugging to connect it to Kies, it would enable itself after i plugged the cable in!
    I've tried unrooting and factory resetting. Nothing fixed it! Can i fix this myself or should i turn this phone to Samsung Service Center? Please Help!

Here are the details (*#1234#):
    PDA:1559DDED05
    PHONE:1559DDED05

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. skn004

skn004 Lurker

Hey dude ... tell me why you need to root it...???
    If you root it you breaking the security barier...

So for the downlade mode press ( Vol down + return Key Bottam right + power key ) during booting

for the Recavory mode ( Vol dowm + Menu key bottem left + power key ) for factory reset mode... so enjoy...

3. xyancompgeek

xyancompgeek Lurker

Yeah, the recovery mode and download mode finally worked with those combinations. But still no go with the semi-hang. So i decided to unroot and hand it to samsung. they were no better. they kept resetting it and giving it back to me. Does anybody have a solution out there?

4. terryeco

terryeco Lurker

hello dears!

My samsung galaxy mini doesn't get into the download mode i have tried the following ways several times, none of them worked.

1 : ( Vol down + home key + power key )
    2: ( Vol down + return Key Bottam right + power key )

Samsung Galaxy Mini Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Mini release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.14" inch screen, 3MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1200mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews