1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General No Download Mode on Galaxy Pop CDMA!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xyancompgeek, Dec 25, 2011.

1. xyancompgeek

xyancompgeek Lurker
    None

Dec 25, 2011
    Hi. I got a Galaxy Mini about 3 Months ago. Since i live in India its called galaxy pop and it is CDMA, not GSM. I managed to root it using SuperOneClick 1.7. That was when i noticed some problems cropping up in my phone:
    1. When WiFi was turned on, the phone would randomly go into a semi-off state. By Semi-off, i mean that a person would call but the phone would give no ringing or display. It would act like it was turned off! Had to long-press power button to make it restart.
    2. There was no Download Mode combination. I tried all combinations (Vol Up+Home+Power and Home+Power and Vol Down+Home+Power). Nothing worked! It only went into a (seemingly) recovery/download mode when i put in a certain number combination to factory reset it: *2767*3855#
    3. The phone is obstinate about remaining in 'USB Debugging' mode. Even if i disable USB Debugging to connect it to Kies, it would enable itself after i plugged the cable in!
    I've tried unrooting and factory resetting. Nothing fixed it! Can i fix this myself or should i turn this phone to Samsung Service Center? Please Help!

Here are the details (*#1234#):
    PDA:1559DDED05
    PHONE:1559DDED05

Advertisement

2. skn004

skn004 Lurker
    None

Oct 3, 2011

Hey dude ... tell me why you need to root it...???
    If you root it you breaking the security barier...

So for the downlade mode press ( Vol down + return Key Bottam right + power key ) during booting

for the Recavory mode ( Vol dowm + Menu key bottem left + power key ) for factory reset mode... so enjoy...

3. xyancompgeek

xyancompgeek Lurker
    None

Dec 25, 2011
    Yeah, the recovery mode and download mode finally worked with those combinations. But still no go with the semi-hang. So i decided to unroot and hand it to samsung. they were no better. they kept resetting it and giving it back to me. Does anybody have a solution out there?

4. terryeco

terryeco Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    hello dears!

My samsung galaxy mini doesn't get into the download mode i have tried the following ways several times, none of them worked.

1 : ( Vol down + home key + power key )
    2: ( Vol down + return Key Bottam right + power key )