1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

No email notifications?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jessimo093, Jul 12, 2010.

1. jessimo093

jessimo093 New Member

Jul 8, 2010
    I just got a new Droid a few days ago because I was sick of my Blackberry. I set up my Yahoo email account, but I haven't been getting any notifications. I rebooted it and got a notification a few minutes later, but out of the 10 or so emails I've gotten in that account over the past two days, that's the only notification I've gotten even though I got several emails other than that one after I rebooted.

I have it set to check every 30 minutes but half the time when I go to the account, I have to refresh before I see any new emails, even ones that came hours before. I also have it set to show notifications in the status bar and vibrate when notified.

What can I do other than rebooting again to get email notifications? Should I look for a Yahoo app rather than using the stock email app? Should I just try to forward it all to my gmail account so it will actually work? I'm completely new to Android, and coming from a Blackberry, this email issue is really bugging me.

Advertisement

2. droidlover91

droidlover91 Member

Apr 18, 2010
    turn sync on. maybe that'll do it?

3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Try these options and see for yourself. No solution is ever one-size-fits-all.

4. Ilphay

Ilphay Active Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Full time student
    Currently: Ann Arbor, Michigan
    I synced my yahoo as well, but I had the exact opposite problem. The notifications would not stop! I ended up downloading the yahoo mail app and you can set how often it checks your email.