1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No email notifications?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xguy, Jul 11, 2013.

1. xguy

xguy Android Enthusiast

I have a Gmail acct on my phone and no longer get notification sounds after the update. I just have to check it daily which is annoying. I checked sounds and Google. Is there anything else I can look for?:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. If System settings | Sound | Default notification is set to Silent ... choose something else.

... Thom

3. xguy

xguy Android Enthusiast

No, it's on a setting and not silent.

4. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

Open Gmail - menu button settings, select your gmail account, then inbox sounds and vibrate and make sure it is not on silent.

xguy likes this.
  5. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

It may also be that autosync is turned off. I don't have a Bionic, but Thom or OutOfPhase should be able to walk you through checking the setting.

(In Gingerbread, the quickest way to check was to add the power control widget. The fourth widget - a circle made up of two arrows pointing at each other's tails - allowed you to toggle autosync on and off.)

xguy and Thom like this.
  6. ... the widget is still there in Jelly Bean.

... Thom

7. xguy

xguy Android Enthusiast

Thanks y'all for all the help! OutOfPhase, when you walked me though that was it- autosync was not on!:)

OutOfPhase likes this.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews