1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

No end to recurring diary appointments

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by melldroid, Apr 30, 2010.

1. melldroid

melldroid Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Male
    Cheshire, UK
    When entering an appointment in the diary and want it recurring e.g weekly, there doesn't seem to be any option to limit the time, it seems to go on forever. I would like it to finish on either a date or after a number of weeks, like the diary on my Ipod touch, I tried to jump forward to the date when I wanted it to end and delete/edit the ones forward as a strategy but you only get the option to delete the whole series.

Musst say the Ipod diary seems better.

Have I got this right ?

Advertisement

2. ilh

ilh Active Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I don't see an option either to set a limit but if I go into the next occurance after the date I want something to end and press menu then delete I get the option to delete "This & future events" which does what you want it to.

3. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Project Manager
    UK
    doesn't allow bi-weekly (every other week) re-occurrences either.grrrr

4. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Peterborough, UK
    Android Calendar and Contacts apps are pretty poor. Coming from Blackberry and having used Windows Mobile, Nokia S60 and iPhone, the Android one's are the poorest. I was very shocked to find that no development on these seems to have been done between my 1.5 Hero and my 2.1 Desire.

5. Ghâshûl

Ghâshûl Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Denmark
    I set up my calender from my computer usually, and all this works just fine via the online google calendar.

Tags: