1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No facebook app notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daffyducknj, Feb 7, 2016.

1. daffyducknj

daffyducknj Android Enthusiast

Anyone using the facebook app and not getting any notifications from the notification tab? My setup is that I should be receiving notifications from close friends. This isn't a problem with my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 running modded KitKat 4.4.2, Acheron ROM), and a PC running Android x86. The options I have checked are Messages, the friend request ones, and Place Tips. I have the LED and sound turned on. I still get fb messenger messages through the Messenger app.

I'm just baffled over this a little. Not earth shattering. I do get notifications via Gmail, but that's much slower. If I use facebook lite, I do get those close friend notifications. I've ruled out being rooted, as this was also a problem while unrooted. I also tried removing the FOTAkill.apk, and temporarily disabling SystemUpdateService from Google Play services in the Disable Service app. Might need to check text msg notifications, if I can't find anything else that could fix this issue.

I could stick lite in there to get notifications quickly, but doing that would slightly increase data usage outside of wifi.

Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. n1nj4Lo

n1nj4Lo Android Enthusiast

Uninstall Facebook official and sideload facebook lite from aptoide, save data and battery life and get notifications again...

I was also not getting any notifications on the full app, but the official fb lite alerts me again. Or to be more precise and exact, my notifications were acting if there was no soundfile assigned to the app, but there was.

The moment I uninstalled it and installed Facebook Lite I started hearing the notifications again and it was faster too now.

daffyducknj likes this.
  3. daffyducknj

daffyducknj Android Enthusiast

Went back to fb lite. Got it from apkmirror. It's on v2 now. Fixed the problem, thanks n1nj4Lo! :)

4. Kolma528

Kolma528 Member

I use facebook lite on my stylo.

For like 2 years I stopped getting notifications on mobile... no idea why. think HTC Sense had broken it from my Desire 601.
    That said, between all that time lite nor regular and not even chrome mobile notifications worked to give me facebook notifications.
    I did a huge purge of facebook apps and sites i no longer used/wanted fb to have access to and that seemed to fix it..Or getting marshmallow did..

Either way. with Boost Stylo's limited storage, FB lite is great on both size and how much ram it takes up because it doesn't run as hard on the background.

5. n1nj4Lo

n1nj4Lo Android Enthusiast

Yup welcome, I decided to finally give it a try and liked it.

LG G Stylo Forum

The LG G Stylo release date was May 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1/2GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2015
Release Date
Reviews