• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Fascinate till early fall-androidandme.com

I don't think anybody is suggesting they'll announce it during the awards ceremony. The point is that they will be advertising it, and it seems unlikely that they would advertise a phone that isn't available (or soon to be available). They certainly wouldn't be advertising it on September 12 if that "late October" rumor were true.

Verizon has been completely silent about the Fascinate ever since the original Galaxy S launch. For them to not only admit it exists, but actually (gasp!) start *promoting* it, is a very good sign.

All signs are pointing to a September release.

Upvote 0
I doubt it will be announced then, it just means there will be advertising for the Fascinate during the VMAs. Meaning, the phone will be out by then.

This is what I have a feeling of. I think the phone will be out by then or it will be out very shortly after the event. I am not sure why you would spend millions of dollars to advertise a phone that isn't already out or won't be out within a few days. Getting an ad space for something as highly watched as the MTV VMAs is very expensive. They are starting to promote this phone a lot more, so it must be very close to release. I really don't think this phone is coming out in October. I am expecting an early/mid September release.

This is too bad. I had hoped to overlap my 30 day window with the Fascinate release do IN CASE the Droid X didn't work for me, I could switch to the Fascinate. Now I'll just have to make the DS work out. *sigh*

Dude, I am in the exact same boat as you. When does your 30 days with the Droid X end?

Upvote 0
They are starting to promote this phone a lot more, so it must be very close to release. I really don't think this phone is coming out in October. I am expecting an early/mid September release.

Actually, Verizon hasn't been promoting it at all, which is why I think the MTV thing is a relatively big deal. As far as I know, this will be the very first time Verizon has said *anything* officially about the Fascinate since the original press release back in late June (unless you count occasional tweets that say "we have nothing to say").

Samsung has been promoting the Fascinate (along with the other three Galaxy S phones) all along, but they have more riding on this phone than Verizon does.

I agree, the late-October rumor is bogus. I've been tracking rumors and leaks about this phone rather obsessively (I'm afraid to admit just how obsessively), and it looks to me like a September release is a pretty good bet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones