1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No fast charge !

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gwd, Mar 27, 2019.

1. gwd

gwd Newbie

It could be me but I'm sure since update 9 (Pie) my S8 as lost the ability to fast charge.
    Before the update my actual charger got quite hot and charged in 1 hour, but now only luke warm and takes forever.

Anyone else noticed this ?

Thanks for any help.

#1 gwd, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  2. gwd

gwd Newbie

Just like to add... the Fast Charge is checked in maintenance settings so not that.

3. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Did you test with another charger and cable?

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. gwd

gwd Newbie

No, didn't think appropriate as the S8 fast charged 2 hours before but not after the Pie update.
    Another reason is I don't have another fast charger !
    Just waiting for feedback from other uses as to whether there is a software issue or not. I will move to the actual charger fault if no other members have a problem.

Thanks for response.

5. gwd

gwd Newbie

Just done a hard reset ( bottom volume button along with on/off button for 10 seconds ) and everything is back to normal....hope !!

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

My wife's S8+ updated to pie and it was charging fast as normal using her original samsung charger.

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

hopefully that worked. if anything goes wrong after an update, i always recommend that you do a factory reset. it usually fixes things.

tube517 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews