• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No file transfer

My son, brought down his a10e phone for me to remove all his pictures to my computer, and have done this before. First I noticed he had android 11 and he did not know when this happened. Anyway when I plug the usb cable in (tired multiple cables) it will only charge, can't swipe down from the top and select file transfer.

Like I said this worked before on android 10, So I enabled usb debuging and under networking selected file transfer as the defalt usb. This was all under developers options.

No mater what I have tried, it will only go straight to charging without usb options.

I think it just needs a reset since the android update to 11, I found other settings that were changed.

Anyway any help, and thank you. I have a phone head ache now

No notification, just a pop up to the charging icon, swipe down and not their like it should be. I turned on developer mode and turned on the usb debugging, then down a little lower in the dropdown where it you can set the defaults, like always do file transfer, i check that also and nothing, reboot and still nothing. Tried other cords that work on all the other phones and no good. Like I said it always worked on android 10. Thanks

Upvote 0
have you tried on other computers?

and this is most likely a samsung thing than an android thing. it worked on the previous firmware update by samsung with android 10, but not on this update with android 11. just want to make sure that the fault is pointed in the right direction.

i wonder if a fresh install of the latest update will fix the issue. if you like to try....go to https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ and make sure you use the correct firmware for your device. it needs to be exact and you will need your exact model number. instructions an how to flash the firmware update is on the website.

Upvote 0
As I said, I have the same problem with my Tab 5e. I also have an S10e. Anyway, I have found a solution.

Use Samsung's DeX mode.
1. Install the DeX software on your PC (from www.samsungdex.com).
2. Run Dex on both the PC and phone (choose DeX from the quick settings screen).
3. Your phone will be a new window on your PC.
4. I was then able to transfer files between my PC and phone. I used TotalCommander, but other ways should work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones