• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No firmware available

FRZ007

Lurker
May 4, 2012
HY,

Yesterday i bought Samsung galaxy s2 from Saudi Arabia, I'm trying to update my firmware from 2.3.5 TO 2.3.6 it's(Kies) saying no firmware available. Please help me to install version 2.3.6. I'm looking forward your reply.
Current firmware details: -
MODEL :- GT-I9100
ANDROID VERSION:- 2.3.5
BASE BAND VERSION :- I9100XXKI4
KERNEL VERSION :- 2.6.35.7-I9100JPKJ2-CL655700
BUILD NUMBER :- GINGERBREAD.JPKJ2

If Kies say you are latest, then you are latest for the region. The only thing you can do is to use ODIN to flash 2.3.6 of which there are many guides in the forum. Have a look at the thread below, but there are a lot of firmwares to choose from, so you might want to search a bit first, then only select. Check with forum members if its the latest for your region before flashing.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/530722-why-do-i-have-2-3-4-a.html

Although if you are already on 2.3.5, I don't think its necessary to get 2.3.6.

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones