1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

No Flash Player support on the Atrix 4G?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kris_sordo, Aug 18, 2011.

1. kris_sordo

kris_sordo Lurker
    None

Aug 18, 2011
    I was under the impression the Atrix 4G supported Flash. However, when I try to view a site which has a Flash component I see a message asking to install it (version 10.3 is already installed on my phone), yet when I click on the link to download the software I get a message stating it's not compatible with my Android. What went wrong?

Advertisement

2. Carlos A

Carlos A Member
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    Weird situation, but you probably have the option to view flash content off, or your trying to download adobe from an otside source which you cant do if you have froyo. If its none of the above, restart your device. If nothing works its probably your device only cause i have never seen this on my Atrix.

3. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    You can check your apps list and see what version of flash you have. (I don't remember if it was preinstalled or not.) You can update flash by just going into the market for the latest update. To enable the flash contents to be played from the web go to menu> more> settings> check enable javascript and enable plug-ins.

4. WolfmanRobby

WolfmanRobby Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    Male
    Systems Admin.
    Atlanta, GA
    Also know that just because a site is FLASH does not mean it's mobile optimized. Some FLASH content won't work (It's rare).

More likely, it's the site you are on. It's not recognizing your phone's browser type to be able to call the needed plug-in. This is a coding error on the site, and not an issue with your phone.

Try using FireFox mobile and see if the site works for you.

5. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    What is the site that's giving you issue? We can test it out on our browser to see if we'll see the issue too.

+1
    Did you check this, Kris?
    When you're in your browser app, select menu -> more ->setting -> check to see if 'enable plugin' is checked off? That's what allows you to use flash.

I have flash 10.3 on my phone as well.