1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General No Flash support from Adobe!?!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by homegeek, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Jay Aristide

Jay Aristide Well-Known Member

It is, and always has been, a security nightmare. All of the functionality of java applets with NONE of the safeguards...

Microsoft and Apple have both talked at great lengths about the security risks and issues of Flash pretty much since it took the forefront of interactive web content..

Personally, I'm glad to see it being deprecated, though I'll keep it installed for backwards compatibility sake until I feel I don't need it anymore... Let's go HTML5

Advertisement

2. TauxiC

TauxiC Member

I read somewhere, and I think it was Google themselves who said it, that the YouTube website has all of its videos in both flash and HTML5 format, and automatically chooses which to use based on what browser you're using. I am almost positive it was in one of the Google I/O keynotes but I could be wrong.

3. Jay Aristide

You're exactly right. YouTube uses HTML5 whenever possible and only falls back on Flash when it can't determine HTML5 compatibility from your user-agent string :)

4. Trimbaud

Trimbaud Well-Known Member

This worked like buttah! I don't use flash a lot, but it's good to have for now. This seriously took 5 five minutes, tops. With Astro, you can download the flash right to the tablet. Thanks, man

5. Jay Aristide

Never heard of X-Scope before today.. LOVIN' IT! Thanks or the heads up :)