• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No free screen protectors on U.S.A. S21 devices

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
My global, Exynos, S21 came with an in-transit tpu type cover with a tab at the top right. When this is removed it revealed a very nicely fitted, almost invisible, plastic screen protector underneath. So well fitted and all encompassing is this screen protector that I was not aware of it until I did a very close inspection and rubbed my finger over the front camera and detected the cut out for it.

However, reports are coming in that this screen protector is missing from the U.S. minority variants for some unknown reason.

So, good news for the global owners but if you decide for whatever reason, to fit your own screen protector, you will first need to remove the built-in one.

I pretty much never use a screen protector, and when my S20 Plus came with one I told myself I'd remove. But it was on there so perfectly I left it. I'm careful with my devices so not having on the S21 (ultra) isn't a huge deal, but with the other cost savings, and hearing international got it, I would have rather they provided it again. Of course, if they found most just removed, I can see this being a worthwhile cost savings, I guess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones