1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support No Gmail App on Moto Droid 2.2 Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NoGmailWTF, Aug 20, 2010.

1. NoGmailWTF

NoGmailWTF New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I have been searching the internet like crazy and have found no one else with this problem so I'm really confused. I updated to 2.2 today on my Moto Droid (the first, original one) when I got the message on my phone from Verizon. It updated fine and everything works except I DO NOT HAVE THE GMAIL APP. If I clicked the icon it says "This app is not installed."

I tried rebooting several times. I wiped the data. Did a factory reset. I even downloaded the 2.2 update on my computer and manually updated my phone. Nothing has worked. Please, someone, help me.

Advertisement

2. NoGmailWTF

NoGmailWTF New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Can someone please help me with this? Am I the only person who has this problem??

3. pkleinlsu

pkleinlsu Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Did you try to download the app from the market?

4. drewski

drewski Member

Jan 24, 2010
    are you using a home screen shortcut? if so try deleting it and selecting from the application tray again.

this happened with a couple of apps for me, but readding them from the app tray fixed it.

5. NoGmailWTF

NoGmailWTF New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Ok I managed to fix this.

First of all, the Gmail App isn't available in the market so I couldn't do that. Also, I did not have the Gmail App at all. It wasn't a missing shortcut or anything like that. The app just wasn't on my phone.

I took my phone into a Verizon store and they told me that apparently there were two over the air updates going around. One of them was bad and one of them was good. I just happened to get the bad update. They took my phone in and manually updated my phone to 2.2 and now it works just fine.