• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Gmail notifications after Froyo?

crackdroid1

May 20, 2010
Richmond, VA
EDIT: I apologize in advance for being so verbose.

After forcing the FRG01B update for the Droid over my new-from-the-store refurb, I don't get notifications. I hear my notification sound, but then when I look at the phone there's NOTHING. No light, no notification in the bar, and when I go to the GMail app, all of the messages are read, but there is a message that wasn't there before...?

Now about the refurb thing. I took my phone to Verizon late last week because the camera wasn't working. Anyway, I just got a refurb from the store that they shipped in (since I couldn't guarantee that I would be home when it arrived). So I had the update.zip on my SD card, and so when I boot the phone into recovery, apply the update.zip, and boot into Froyo goodness. Everything was going great until now...I really don't want to have to do a .sbf flash back to ESE81...

Any suggestions?

By the way, I'd like to thank the androidforums.com community for getting me out of several jams!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones