• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Google account and phone is locked!

Is there any way you can walk me through this step by step?? My apologies but I do not understand.

Sure thing.

First thing you'll need to do is install the Samsung adb drivers if you haven't already. You can get them here. After the installation has finished, plug your device in and leave it on at the lock screen. Open up the command prompt and you should see an unknown android device. If you do, then this will work. If not, then USB Debugging isn't on and this will not work and you'll have to factory reset.

If it does show up, then right click on the unknown device, and click update driver. Click browse for driver software, then let me pick from a list of drivers. Locate the option SAMSUNG Android Phone and select it. After that then click the newed adb interface driver. Ignore the warning, and let it install.

Second thing is if the android sdk isn't installed on your computer, you'll want to do that. You can grab our forums mini-skd to avoid a lot of the bloat in the normal sdk. It's hosted here.

Once installed, keep that directory open. Next you'll want to

go to the directory where it you unziped it too. You'll want to open the command prompt here by holding control + shift and then right clicking. You'll hit the option open command window here.
Once the command prompt opens, and type the command "adb devices" It should respond with device and a bunch of numbers. If you get to this point, let me know and we'll continue.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Thank you for the help!! One last question. When I click on the link you provided it brings me to the samsung website. Where do I find the Samsung adb drivers to install them?

Just look for one of the newer devices, like the s3 or note2, and it should be under all software downloads. The drivers are the same for all samsung phones.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones