• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Google play? Still running old Market? Help

lillygirl7

Jun 19, 2010
My husband's phone still shows the old market. I've done updates and everything but still no Google play on his phone. I use to have the same phone and I had Google play. His phone is running version 2.3.5 so i know it should be there. Help please.

Ok thank you I will give that a try. I did find a download last night that put Google play on his phone, but it is still different from my old evo. The main reason I want Google play is so i can put SwiftKey on his phone because that's what I use. I do all his emails and text so it would make my life easier. I had swift key on my evo, but through his phone Google play says SwiftKey is not compatible. So i think I'm ready to give up.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This is the one I loaded last night. You think it is the same thing or different from your link? Google Play Store update rolling out now – download it early - Android Community
If it is different do you think I just dl and it will be Ok or do I need to remove the one I loaded yesterday? And If I do need to remove the one from yesterday how do I do that? Thank you

can't tell what version it is from the link. the article is from march of last year so it is a bit older, but it should still work.

edit:but my link is from the same month so..........

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones