• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

smittythepig

Android Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2009
Richmond, VA
So all of a sudden today I notice the weather wont update. Then I try turning on GPS. Won't turn on. The button is lit on the power dock but no icon. Also for some reason as I type this there is terrible lag. Can GPS be unavailable in certain places? I just installed gde. Don't know if that's it. Might have to hard reset?

ok, seems i have google navigation but no icon specifically for it. had to go into google maps and do directions and then select navigate. maybe that's normal on the Droid? just got it a few days ago but i'd swear i saw the google nav icon in the app menu.

as for the gps, it activated when i chose 'navigate' within google maps. i guess it isn't supposed to always be up on the icon bar if it's not being actively used? perhaps the only problem is that the weather is just not working for some reason.

Upvote 0
I hope you know that gps on the Droid does not work if the physical keyboard is open.

....really ? So all those times i drove with my car dock with the keyboard open using google maps it wasn't actually working ?? good to know
/sarcasm

The compass may not work, but gps works just fine with the keyboard open.

Just for the record, i pulled my battery, slid open my keyboard, rebooted, and watched GPS status show the sats

-=<> aaron <>=-

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones