• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

no hold option

Anne205

Lurker
Dec 29, 2022
Well, I have always had android...I got an iPhone.I had it 6 months and hated it. So, I did an early upgrade and got S22 ultra...loved it, but could not put a call on hold. There was no option.I called spectrum twice... called Samsung he remoted in... worked 1.5 hours. Then finally did factory reset. no good. Still no option for it. He told me to call spectrum, so I did and the guy told me they did away with the hold option. I said I need the hold option for when I am at work. He told me to go back to iPhone or turn sound down and put on mute.ughhh... so, i downloaded phone by google app and guess what, it has a hold button that works!

My Galaxy s21 (Android 12, December 2022 update) has a hold button on the in-call screen, so I can only guess that this "Spectrum" outfit hacked the phone software to remove it.

One reason I would never buy a phone through a service provider is that they sometimes do stupid things to the phone's software. I've never heard of them doing anything that actually benefits the user, usually it's stuff that they think will benefit them, occasionally (as in your case) it's just plain stupid.

Upvote 0
Google is your friend....

HA! Google is NOT your friend. Neither is Samsung, Apple or Microsoft and the list goes on. I tolerate Google because Android at least used to be open-source and it's not the Walled Garden of Apple. But I know that everything I do on my Android device: every email I send; every photo I take; every text I write, is data mined and the information sold to anyone who will pay for it. That provides Google with revenue and me with "a more personalized experience".

I finally got my own personal domain at Epik and use FairMail for my accounts there. Google, Samsung and Microsoft have limited access to my stuff and if I could get a smartphone that has no Big Tech anything, I'd pay double for it just for the privacy aspect. No, I don't surf goat pron or kiddie stuff (ewwwww) but I hate the idea of a big company analyzing every aspect of everything I do and selling it all... and I don't even get royalties.

Upvote 0
Well, I have always had android...I got an iPhone.I had it 6 months and hated it. So, I did an early upgrade and got S22 ultra...loved it, but could not put a call on hold. There was no option.I called spectrum twice... called Samsung he remoted in... worked 1.5 hours. Then finally did factory reset. no good. Still no option for it. He told me to call spectrum, so I did and the guy told me they did away with the hold option. I said I need the hold option for when I am at work. He told me to go back to iPhone or turn sound down and put on mute.ughhh... so, i downloaded phone by google app and guess what, it has a hold button that works!
That's good

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones