• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No HTML Messages in Corporate Email

bthoward

Nov 7, 2009
Anyone else getting full HTML email properly in their corporate exchange accounts? All my gmail based accounts are showing up with HTML formatted messages as they should but all of the HTML formatted messages on my exchange account end up looking like markup language. I turned off the accept all certs and I'm now able to properly download attachments from exchange just not able to get HTML emails to display properly.

Strange I can't find anything like that.

In acct settings I get:
amount to sync
Default acct (yes no)
email notifications (yes no)
select ringtone
vibrate (yes no)
Incoming settings (this only contains server name and user/pass then the SSL setting is in here too.)
sync contacts (yes no)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback. I wonder about the Exchange 2007 requirement. I downloaded and tested the Touchdown app and it rendered html emails perfectly. I didn't keep it because I didn't need all of its functionality nor did I want to pay the cost.

If Touchdown can handle html on an Exchange 2003 server, why can't the native app?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones