1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No incoming sound

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kkksmith, Jan 1, 2012.

1. kkksmith

kkksmith Lurker

My Wildfire has no incoming sound. People can hear me but I can't hear them. Earphones and loud speaker phone work. Tried audio manager but the volume is turned up to max. I did a factory reset of the phone. No difference. Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ChryzaorFlux

ChryzaorFlux Android Enthusiast

Incoming sound? I'm assuming you mean when you receive a text or call right?
    The only factors i can say that might have caused this is maybe you dropped it on the ground or in water, also im guessing your not rooted??
    Stuff like this is usually a hardware problem rather than software
    Meaning most of the time you just have to grin and bear it :(
    Like me, i can hear the person on the phone properly but when i speak they say im soo far away so i always have to use headphones to speak properly

3. Malgosia

Malgosia Lurker

I have had problem with the audio levels with my phone, even on speaker. I checked the the volume levels but no luck. However, when searching fo an answer to my problem, I read some other blogs where cleaning the surfaces with a soft cloth was suggested.
    This didn't really help as my issue seemed to be with the earpiece(number 9 on the phone diagram in the user guide) and/or the microphone (number 4), so I tried cleaning them with a small artist's paint brush(a reasonably firm one) and SUCCESS!
    I can now hear conversations and be heard clearly and at a good volume.
    For good measure I also cleaned the speaker on the back of the phone and that too is working better now.
    I hope this is of help.

ChryzaorFlux likes this.
  4. Malgosia

Malgosia Lurker

I have had problem with the audio levels with my phone, even on speaker. I checked the the volume levels but no luck. However, when searching fo an answer to my problem, I read some other blogs where cleaning the surfaces with a soft cloth was suggested.
    This didn't really help as my issue seemed to be with the earpiece(number 9 on the phone diagram in the user guide) and/or the microphone (number 4), so I tried cleaning them with a small artist's paint brush(a reasonably firm one) and SUCCESS!
    I can now hear conversations and be heard clearly and at a good volume.
    For good measure I also cleaned the speaker on the back of the phone and that too is working better now.
    I hope this is of help.

HTC Wildfire Forum

The HTC Wildfire release date was May 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

May 2010
Release Date
Reviews