• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No input from some keys on keyboard

I am at a little over a day with my first smartphone, the Incredible. I'm mostly impressed, but this keyboard issue is really bugging me.

Basically, here's what happens: I go to compose a message, I turn the device to landscape mode, and when I press the W key, it does not input regardless of where I push relative to the key. On rare occasions, it will work, but I can't think of anything that I might have done to fix the problem. I tried to sleep/resume, power off/on, remove/replace battery, and calibrate the text input, but there seems to not be any resolution.

Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone figure it out? I'd hate to exchange the phone for this one thing, but you don't realize how often you need the W until it won't function!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones