• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No internal memory

Lii

Dec 10, 2009
AHa!
Hey guys, I need ur help.

Ok, so I have the Hero and so far, I have 30 market apps installed. The problem is, I went to download a ringer from myxer and the phone responded that I didn't have enough space to do so. What?!!:eek: I checked the space available and it said only 44mb. I'm not that smart with smart phones, but I know something's not adding up. I've tried turining the phone off and on w/o success. If anyone can help, I would like that a lot. Thanks a whole bunch!

You shouldn't use myxer to download ringtones on the Hero because they save to internal memory instead of to the SD card. I'm not sure if programs like Astro will allow you to remove them. If not, you may have to do a hard reset to restore that memory. Internal memory is already limited enough for downloading apps without also having to share that space with ringtones. A better way is to save music to the SD card and then create your own ringtones using the ringtone trimmer in the music app or I prefer to use the app Ringdroid because you can also easily create notification tones and alarms.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones