• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root no internet on my eris running kaos froyo 2.2 v39 can someone please help!!!

first off i was able to succesfully flash kaos froyo v39 on my eris 2.2 :D but unfortunately when i did so my internet was no longer working. on top my bars and 3g were good but when i load the internet it would try to load a page but wont actually load the page it would tell me i got no internet conection

i checked my proxy settings put the correct host and port which are wap.mycricket.com and port 8080 that didnt work but i shouldnt have to do anything fancy or anything like this right??? what am i missing??? i also get no live wallpapers or anything i would really love this rom to work if someone can help me wit this i would highly appreciate it :)

when i restored back to 2.1 my internet did work this really sucks i did everything right i think can someone help??? i need this issue fixed asap :thinking:

my second problem is before i got the phone the cellphone place that sold it to me told me that since the eris is going to be flashed to cricket not all features will work but he doubled check and said that everything will work

so the internet was working text messages picture messages etc. so i ended up getting the phone and was running it on 2.1 i accidently used z4root and it froze my phone while on that app so i turned off the phone and when i turned it back on it locked on the 3 droids and i couldnt do aything so i took it back to that place and they looked into it and fixed it but i was no longer able to receive or send pic messages on 3g and not even on wifi

so was this problem with me not able to receive or send pic messages do to the fact that its a flashed phone to begin with??? and if so why would this be the problem if it was working before??? thanks in advance hope i get these issues fixed i love the eris....:)

First, I would stay away from Kaos Froyo. It has now not been updated for over three months, and the last update required a patch to fix a problem. Why people keep going to KF I don't understand...

I know nothing about Cricket flashing myself, but I think the place you want to look is here: Cricket / MetroPCS Web/MMS Flash 8/9 - xda-developers

Reactions: xLILxEVILx
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I will check that out i appreciate ur help very much...do i need to do anything before doing this??? I mean i know how to flash roms and all but i want to make sure i do this right and of course i did a backup so thats good...

You did your nand and just make sure to do your full data/factory reset/dalvik wipes (which I'm sure you know but just saying) and flash your new rom and gapps if you need it.

Upvote 0
ok i have 3 questions. first of were do i get the seperate google apps package???

It is here: http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/gapps-mdpi-20110301-signed.zip

The MD5 is bfa9df9714fe6eb48341c6fa323f253d

second do i install celbfroyo rom first then do the token419 cricket data setup v1.2 in order for me to be able to get internet once running the rom???

or which out of these do i do first???

As I said, I do not have Cricket myself, so you'll need to get somebody who knows something about it to answer.

However, I love to make guesses on stuff like this, so what I would do is this (I do hope that you have a Nandroid backup that you can go back to):

wipe data and dalvik
flash CELB
flash gapps
flash the cricket zip file
restart

See if that works. You would definitely need to flash that cricket zip file after you flash CELB and gapps from recovery, not before. What I do not know is whether you do it before or after you start CELB for the first time. My guess is that it's ok to do it before.

(I hope somebody who knows Cricket can chime in, though.)

Upvote 0
thanks...let me tell u what i tried doing first i found out about kaosfroyo v39 so i looked into that on xda i believe i downloaded eris rooter then flashed kaosfroyo v39 and then found out by u that it hasnt been updated so anyway i did a backup on the recovery menu under backup/restore part so i could flash back to 2.1

now im wondering if since i got the eris rooter installed now i am on the 2.1 does that affect anything that i will do like get like celbfroyo or whatever??? should i uninstall it or do i need it?

heres what i followed from u i downloaded the celb rom turned off my eris got on recovery mode went to update.zip then it took me too clockwork recovery then went to install zip from sd card so i went to my downloads looked for celbfroyo.zip clicked it hit install it

then when i got to the homescreen i waited a bit i try using the browser and it wouldnt do anything i know im missing something it came to my head that once i was running the celb rom to flash token419 cricket setup data using clockwork recovery when it rebooted me my eris froze on the 3 droids now i know u dont know much about cricket but what did i do wrong????

i mean all i want to do is get a good 2.2 running rom and be able to use my web and pic messages u know enjoy whats out there with these roms...can u help?

Upvote 0
Yes, gapps is short for google apps.
The MD5 is actually not a code, only a checksum to verify the file you downloaded is 100% in tact and not corrupted.

You can check the MD5 in Astro File Manager, by long pressing the file and choosing "details" from the menu. It will display the MD5 code for you and you can compare it to the one doogald posted.

Upvote 0
Since you are using Clockwork Recovery - I cannot say this loud enough so FOLLOW NEERA'S INSTRUCTIONS AND MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT THE MD5 CHECKSUMS MATCH!

Assuming that all of the MD5s match, the flash procedure is:

- wipe menu, wipe data and format cache
- install .zip, and choose CELB
- the same with Google apps
- the same with that cricket zip file
- restart the phone

What you have on the phone now will not affect installing CELB (unless you forget to wipe data.) The MD5 for CELB 4.4 is 62088f72eaa4d11b3c22c20abe66499c.

Upvote 0
i started by going to update.zip then it took me to clockwork recovery i wiped dalvik and did a factory reset flashed CELB rom flashed gapps then token 419 cricket data .zip and it told it said...error in package or something like that but then i tried it again by only flashing CELB and gapps that worked so it took me to my home screen running celb

I went to recovery mode and tried to flash token419 cricket data setup.zip rebooted and it locked on the 3droids is there something wrong with that package???

Or did i do something wrong???

Upvote 0
i started by going to update.zip then it took me to clockwork recovery i wiped dalvik and did a factory reset flashed CELB rom flashed gapps then token 419 cricket data .zip and it told it said...error in package or something like that but then i tried it again by only flashing CELB and gapps that worked so it took me to my home screen running celb

I went to recovery mode and tried to flash token419 cricket data setup.zip rebooted and it locked on the 3droids is there something wrong with that package???

Or did i do something wrong???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones