• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No Internet or 3g data after ROM install

CavityCrabs

Lurker
Oct 31, 2011
Been lurking for a while and just wanted ShabbyPenguin or the other importants to know what happened to my phone. So i went from stock to CM7 beta, totally fine, but then i wanted to try out the ShabbyMod cause CM7 has to many annoyances right now for me. The ShabbyMod install failed for me so i then restored to Original Stock rom. After that restore, there was no data or internet . Called boost mobile to update profile and vpn, and still wouldnt work. I deleted everything with clockwork tried to restore again, and same thing. I finally ended up trying to restore again, when I so called "bricked my phone" lol. Got back into recovery, threw Cm7 on there after mounting my SD with clockwork and it booted up, made a call and now have my internet and connection back. It freaked me the hell out though at first. Does anyone have any idea to fix this cause i really dont wanna be on CM7 right now i just wanted to play with it a little, any help or ideas would be worth typing up, thanks guys.

Been lurking for a while and just wanted ShabbyPenguin or the other importants to know what happened to my phone. So i went from stock to CM7 beta, totally fine, but then i wanted to try out the ShabbyMod cause CM7 has to many annoyances right now for me. The ShabbyMod install failed for me so i then restored to Original Stock rom. After that restore, there was no data or internet . Called boost mobile to update profile and vpn, and still wouldnt work. I deleted everything with clockwork tried to restore again, and same thing. I finally ended up trying to restore again, when I so called "bricked my phone" lol. Got back into recovery, threw Cm7 on there after mounting my SD with clockwork and it booted up, made a call and now have my internet and connection back. It freaked me the hell out though at first. Does anyone have any idea to fix this cause i really dont wanna be on CM7 right now i just wanted to play with it a little, any help or ideas would be worth typing up, thanks guys.

did you use Odin to go back to stock first?

Upvote 0
Odin to stock

install ClockWorkMod 5

and then flash this with ClockWorkMod

cacherfs.zip

that will format your cache partition back to rfs

or if you want to try another Froyo based ROM try the CTMod

there is still a lot of work to do on the CyanogenMod port

we will eventually get the bugs out of CyanogenMod and when we do it will be a really good ROM

Reactions: new optimus
Upvote 0
Odin to stock

install ClockWorkMod 5

and then flash this with ClockWorkMod

cacherfs.zip

that will format your cache partition back to rfs

or if you want to try another Froyo based ROM try the CTMod

there is still a lot of work to do on the CyanogenMod port

we will eventually get the bugs out of CyanogenMod and when we do it will be a really good ROM
Yes it all ready is a good rom.

Reactions: hroark13
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones