1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support No internet unless connected to WiFi HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Christiejjs, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Christiejjs

Christiejjs Lurker
    None

Dec 15, 2012
    Female
    Syracuse, NY
    Hi... i need help. I have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 2. I can NOT connect to the internet unless i use WiFi. :thinking: I have had the phone for about a month and it has been like this since i got it. I have been going back and forth with Straight Talk about it forever! They have done nothing to help me. :frown: When i try to connect to the internet without using WiFi it says: "web page not available, please check to see if your device has a signal and data connection" OR "can't find a secure connection" OR "can not display web page, please try again" OR "Can't find a secure network". When i use WiFi the internet is perfect. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I paid over $350 for this phone, i figured for that much the phone would be awesome! :s: Thank you so much in advance.

Advertisement

2. raychelabcdefg

None

Oct 13, 2011
    Female
    Gig Harbor, WA
    I would assume that since you are using the phone on a network other than the one it was intended for, you will not be able to use data services. I'm not 100% on that, though.

3. LoafPincher

LoafPincher Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 30, 2012
    Your apn settings are probably incorrect. Use the Tweakker APN INTERNET MMS app from the Play store to change them to the appropriate settings.