• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
There are too many precedents on the TP that make it impossible NOT to expect JB:

1) Asus manufactured the Nexus 7 which has similar specs to the TP

2) TP was the first tablet to get ICS

3) The path from ICS to JB is incremental, unlike the step from GB to ICS on phones which was an entire version

4) TP is very lightly skinned and will not need much in the way of customization

I don't foresee waiting more than a month or two after the release of the Infinity.

Upvote 0
What the hell is the miserable delay in getting JB for the TF201? Just about everything else has it already - wake up Asus, we are fed up with waiting!!

Who are you talking about? No one has the jb update yet besides what Xom, nexus brands and that's it. It will come.

Edit: not sure if you were joking or not. But nexus 7 was just released a month ago so it will take some time.

Upvote 0
The GSM Galaxy Nexus does (and my LTE one does via custom ROM).
There are CM10 (JB) ROMs out now for the Prime if you're willing to root.

The Galaxy Nexus was a given. I should have been clearer and I'm talking about upgrades directly from the OEM or Google, not via rooting.

Right now there are only two devices that have an official JB OS from google, correct?

Upvote 0
This was posted at XDA by Gary, the ASUS rep there:

Hi,

Jelly Bean is in beta testing and/or qualification approval on the various Transformer Pad models. So expect to see it start popping up in the near future. I do not have an exact release schedule for all the units except to say it passed qualification testing on one unit already so expect to see it shortly. Hopefully the roll out schedule will continue at an expedited pace on the other Pads. I will update the schedule as soon as I have further information.

Sincerely,
Gary

Looks like the TF300T update is already rolling so we should be seeing the update on the Prime soon! :)

It appears they are awake enough, Nutz, so stop being so damn impatient!

Upvote 0
Good freaking grief, people. Just wait a little bit. We just got an official software update less than two months ago, and now everybody's throwing a hissy fit because there are THREE devices in the WORLD that have official JB releases before us? You do realize that Asus is not obligated in any way to actually update anything, right? They said that they would get us ICS, which they did in a very timely manner. They have upheld their commitment. Now, in a similarly timely manner, they are going above and beyond what they had already committed to when you purchased the Prime by providing us with ANOTHER OS update, and people are whining because they have to wait a few days longer than some other device? Come on, people. Threads like this are first world problems at their finest.

Besides, if you honestly cared that much about getting JB on your primes, you would have already had it on for a month via CM10 and EOS. Sure, these builds are not fully functional, but we are in the world of open-source operating systems. You give and take here.

On top of all of that, I'm sure you would all be THRILLED to have a buggy, ANR-plagued release from Asus that would be the inevitable result of a rushed release. Just sit tight and let the professionals do their work, and then say thanks when you get a free upgrade that you were not obligated to receive.

Upvote 0
Go here Netwrk:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Don't hang around though as the offer closes at the end of July!

End of August now :)

Good freaking grief, people. Just wait a little bit. We just got an official software update less than two months ago, and now everybody's throwing a hissy fit because there are THREE devices in the WORLD that have official JB releases before us? You do realize that Asus is not obligated in any way to actually update anything, right? They said that they would get us ICS, which they did in a very timely manner. They have upheld their commitment. Now, in a similarly timely manner, they are going above and beyond what they had already committed to when you purchased the Prime by providing us with ANOTHER OS update, and people are whining because they have to wait a few days longer than some other device? Come on, people. Threads like this are first world problems at their finest.

Besides, if you honestly cared that much about getting JB on your primes, you would have already had it on for a month via CM10 and EOS. Sure, these builds are not fully functional, but we are in the world of open-source operating systems. You give and take here.

On top of all of that, I'm sure you would all be THRILLED to have a buggy, ANR-plagued release from Asus that would be the inevitable result of a rushed release. Just sit tight and let the professionals do their work, and then say thanks when you get a free upgrade that you were not obligated to receive.

Hey there buddy, settle down. Maybe try decaf? lol

This is Android, major OS upgrades are expected. This is just how it is with Android.

That said yes I think we should be patient but what really is the harm in having a place to vent? As long as we don't get hostile then what's the big deal.

Threads like this are not "first world problems at their finest." That sir is simply ludicrous. The thread was started when someone saw a semi reliable source say we weren't getting JB.

Yes there will ALWAYS be the "how dare they not have this ready yet" crowd. That is a simple fact of life... the way I see it you just have to deal with stuff like that in a forum atmosphere. Do we like it? No, of course not. But we do have to take it in stride, it certainly isn't worth getting stressed/aggravated/annoyed/[insert adjective] about :)

I will rename this JB countdown thread (or something) and hopefully we can help liven this little prime community up some :)

Carry-on :)

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
Where's my Jellybean!!!

:mad:

:)

Take one of these:
2Q==
images

Followed by a few of these:
jelly-bean-flavor.jpg

And call me in the morning. :nurse:

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
I have to say, after rooting my Galaxy Nexus last month and flashing JB, it makes me want it on every device I own. It is so smooth and probably what ICS should have been. And that's not to pick on ICS, it's just that JB feels like a really polished version of it. If you haven't experienced it yet, I look forward to when you can, I know you're going to love it. Here's to getting it on out Transformer.

Upvote 0
I have to say, after rooting my Galaxy Nexus last month and flashing JB, it makes me want it on every device I own. It is so smooth and probably what ICS should have been. And that's not to pick on ICS, it's just that JB feels like a really polished version of it. If you haven't experienced it yet, I look forward to when you can, I know you're going to love it. Here's to getting it on out Transformer.

Amen, can't wait to see it on the TP, which i love with ICS btw...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones