1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General no kit kat

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by motogee, Feb 2, 2014.

1. motogee

motogee Lurker
    None

Feb 2, 2014
    i just picked up a moto g for 200 dollars in a hurry because my galaxy note decided to die.. all was well phone feels really well built but i found out its a dual sim model here in australia and i have n kit kat upgrade available what do i do?

Advertisement

2. Tattooedgod

Tattooedgod Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    New Hampshire
    Got to root section and find yourself some kitkat. Many to chose in the xda forums.

3. motogee

motogee Lurker
    None

Feb 2, 2014
    id rather not root at this stage

4. Tattooedgod

Tattooedgod Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    New Hampshire
    well If you want KK then thats your option as of right now. You can just wait for the upgrade for kk it will come you just have to wait. I'm on BoostMobile in the us and we have yet to get kk upgrade.

5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Shouldn't be too much longer, as the GP edition has 4.4.2 & the factory/carrier versions are lightly skinned, in comparison to most of the ANDROID Community.

6. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    Welcome to the forums, motogee! :hello:
    To be honest, there's not a whole lot more to appreciate from the upgrade from Jelly Bean. The dialer and UI is slightly different, but aside from that, it's not huge.
    Hopefully you should receive it soon. Is your phone branded by the way? Perhaps that's what's stalling the update.

7. motogee

motogee Lurker
    None

Feb 2, 2014
    I'm hoping I'll eventually get it but I'm great with jelly bean for now, would be nice to remove the error of no sim in the second slot

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen)

The first generation Moto G was the released in November of 2013. The phone was the first in Motorola's new mid-range line that targeted the sweet spot between specs and pricing. It originally built for emerging markets, but also saw success as a low-priced Android phone option in other parts of the world. The Moto G 1st Gen features Features 4.5-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 16GB storage, 1GB RAM. 5MP rear/1.3MP front facing cameras, and a removable 2,070 mAh battery.