1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root no launcher running on htc evo now stuck at boot menus and recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aes0237, Jun 9, 2011.

1. aes0237

aes0237 Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    Arizona
    i deleted the stock launcher (htc sense) from my rooted htc evo cuz it was using up so much memory n i had already downloaded launcherpro from the market as a replacement.. basically i did a factory reset n now i have no launcher at all.. no i never backed up or restored any part of my files or whatever.. i know, FML right? lol when this happened i would be able to turn in on n itll start up but itll just be a black screen wit the notification bar.. well now that i left the battery out over night every time i turn it on normally (just holding down power) it turns on into fastboot mode.. i can go through everything like clockwork mod recovery n all the menus but nothing i do will take me back to the black screen wit the notification bar? (need to get back to there cuz i found out a way to fix the no launcher problem) any help would be appreciated.. n sorry if theres already a thread about this, i couldnt find one at all..

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    moved your thread over to the rooting section.

3. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    Removing the stock launcher was a bad idea. Even though you are running a 3rd party launcher on top of Sense's launcher, that doesn't mean that the Sense launcher isn't being called upon by all the other Sense components on the phone.

Best thing to do at this point is to reflash the rooted Stock ROM. it should put the Sense launcher back.

4. aes0237

aes0237 Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    Arizona
    so ur telling me installing a rom from my pc to my sd card then using cloclwork mod recovery to instal the zip file will fix my problem???

5. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    You can flash any ROM at this point, and your phone will boot into that ROM. Question is, what ROM were you on, and do you want to go back to it? I was assuming you were running a rooted stock ROM. Obviously it's a Sense-based ROM; I just don't know which one.

The other option is a bit more complicated, and you'll need adb shell. You can put the sense launcher back. You stated that you removed it, right? Did you back up the file? If not, you might be able to find it somewhere, or someone might be able to send it to you. Just put it back and things will be ok.

Next time, it's better to rename an apk to remove/uninstall it. That way you can rename it back if you need to.

6. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    Male
    Auto Technician(for now)
    By doing that it will install all of the system files that are required for the rom to run including the stock sense launcher that was deleted. You should be able to download the rom you were on, wipe just davlik-cache and cache then flash the rom

Tags: