1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No Lcd backlight

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lexus5011, Apr 24, 2012.

1. lexus5011

lexus5011 Lurker

I purchased a wildfire s a month ago. It came with 2.3.5. after 2 weeks of using it, and after i unplugged it from the cahrger, the screen was black. I noticed that the phone was working right and vibrates and recieves calls and I saw that the there was no lcd backlight. I took off the battery and made a reset but nothing. I took it to the shop and in the evening ht e shop owner called and told me thtat i did install somehting and it is not compatible. HOw can it be? I only installed a couple of applicatins from the google play store. Now the phone is SAID to be heading to the factory. What do you think? I think it's more of a hardware problem and the shop owner is trying to void the warrenty. Disgrace after 2 weeks. By the way, already started the 3rd week of repairs.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ChryzaorFlux

ChryzaorFlux Android Enthusiast

*I dont have a Wildfire S so my knowledge may not be applicable to your device*
    When you plug in the charger does the screen light turn on?
    If yes -> then thats fine
    When i take out my charger the screen doesnt turn on and i find that alright too.

The backlight is only meant to turn on when there is insufficient light, courtesies of the ambient light sensor, i notice that when im in a dark room the backlight tend to stay on, but in a well-lit room, it doesnt stay on for very long
    When i receive calls and texts the screen just turns on but the backlight doesnt, i dont find that anything to be concerned about

Beware long paragraph that you'll probably wont bother about xD
    Personally i wont actually listen to the employees that work in phone shops because they're there to sell phones, they wont actually look indept about the device it self, they just cover the typical solutions to typical problems, anyone can question whether you installed apps that arent compatible with your device, then again if you do, you just wont be able to use the app itself, i doubt that the installation would affect your backlight

Hope that all helped :D

HTC Wildfire Forum

The HTC Wildfire release date was May 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

May 2010
Release Date
Reviews