• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No LED Notification Light (uses ambient display)

I definitely do too, but seeing how my wife's Moto X runs (likely similar with the N6), you might be pleasantly surprised how nice it is.

We don't know yet if ambient display "breathes" like the Moto X's active display, do we? I read one comment from a guy on XDA claiming to have one that said it does not. If that's true, it's quite a disappointment since that's the only way to glance at your phone to see if there's a notification or not. Otherwise if you're not looking at it when the notification comes in, you'll never see it without periodically picking up the phone. :(

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Well that clears that up. I can't believe Google is charging $600 for a premium phone and in order for me to tell whether the phone is low on battery or I received a text or something, I have to physically interact with it somehow. I'm more of a passive user where it will sit at my desk all day while I work. I really don't want to have to get all touchy-feely with it all day. That's a non-starter for me. Thanks but no thanks, Google. I guess I'll be heading back over to the N4 forums.

Upvote 0
I can't believe Google is charging $600 for a premium phone and in order for me to tell whether the phone is low on battery or I received a text or something, I have to physically interact with it somehow.

I find it very believable. There is no such thing as the perfect model for everyone. They cannot possibly include every conceivable feature.

Every single product of any kind is comprised of a series of compromises. The designers create what they think is the best combination based on lots of research, and build the phone.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I find it very believable. There is no such thing as the perfect model for everyone. They cannot possibly include every conceivable feature.

Every single product of any kind is comprised of a series of compromises. The designers create what they think is the best combination based on lots of research, and build the phone.

Hmmm... no replaceable battery, no sd card, no led light? It's not like there wasn't enough room on a 6" phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones