• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "No Location Access" Popup

Grrrrrrrrr

Feb 3, 2016
This just started within the last month.

I leave my "Location" turned off, by the main switch, 99% of the time. On rare occasions, 3 times in the last year, I turn it on to use google maps.

For a few weeks now I constantly get these damned annoying popups telling me my location is turned off.

Screenshot_20170526-164655.png

I haven't added any new apps, it's something google has done. Both "Remotely locate this device" and "Allow remote lock and erase" are disabled and always have been.

I'm getting this message on both my phone with 6.0 and my Tablet with 7.0.

As I can't figure out how to contact google support does anyone here know how the hell to get rid of this annoying popup?

No my devices aren't rooted.

Odd thing is, the popup stopped 2 days ago all on it's own. There were no updates (that I know of).

My background is in PC's, both windows and linux and I have to say Android is the worst security *********** I've ever seen.

Don't get me wrong, I like my phone and tablet but I don't trust them with any information/data not already publicly available.

Reactions: Ravelnotch2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones