• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No longer able to access Hotmail via browser

Several discussion threads allude to similar issues, but none seem to have these specifics nor come to any difinitive conclusions... so here goes:

YES, I still use Hotmail (quiet back there, Peanut Gallery). Everything in life has been tied to that email account for better than 10 years. And, frankly, I prefer the interface to Gmail's.

I have been using the browser to access Hotmail from my G1 as it gave me real-time access to emails, folders and Hotmail functions. The stock email app was just a clunky, read-only (for all intents and purposes) interface which is completely unacceptable for me.

2 weeks ago, I clicked my Bookmark for my Hotmail Inbox and was greeted with a blank, white screen. The url bar reads, https://login.live.com: sign in with a lock icon just before it. Used a Google search to try to access the main Hotmail page, link brings me to same blank screen w/above url. Same outcome for live.com, msn.com, etc. All links lead to the same vast whiteness.

THEN I selected "Options>Mobile formatted" from the Hotmail result in my Google search. Screen now reads, "Windows Live ID requires JavaScript to sign in. This web browser either does not support JavaScript, or scripts are being blocked. To find out whether your browser supports JavaScript, or to allow scripts, see the browser's online help."

I have cleared the cache, I have cleared cookies, I have done a reset-to-default.

Other searches for Hotmail problems within the browser turn up NOTHING like my issue.

Insight? Guidance? Every tidbit helps unravel the mystery.

Thanks.

Several discussion threads allude to similar issues, but none seem to have these specifics nor come to any difinitive conclusions... so here goes:

YES, I still use Hotmail (quiet back there, Peanut Gallery). Everything in life has been tied to that email account for better than 10 years. And, frankly, I prefer the interface to Gmail's.

I have been using the browser to access Hotmail from my G1 as it gave me real-time access to emails, folders and Hotmail functions. The stock email app was just a clunky, read-only (for all intents and purposes) interface which is completely unacceptable for me.

2 weeks ago, I clicked my Bookmark for my Hotmail Inbox and was greeted with a blank, white screen. The url bar reads, https://login.live.com: sign in with a lock icon just before it. Used a Google search to try to access the main Hotmail page, link brings me to same blank screen w/above url. Same outcome for live.com, msn.com, etc. All links lead to the same vast whiteness.

THEN I selected "Options>Mobile formatted" from the Hotmail result in my Google search. Screen now reads, "Windows Live ID requires JavaScript to sign in. This web browser either does not support JavaScript, or scripts are being blocked. To find out whether your browser supports JavaScript, or to allow scripts, see the browser's online help."

I have cleared the cache, I have cleared cookies, I have done a reset-to-default.

Other searches for Hotmail problems within the browser turn up NOTHING like my issue.

Insight? Guidance? Every tidbit helps unravel the mystery.

Thanks.
I'm having exactly the same problem with my T.Mobile Pulse. Never had a problem before with this phone, but it's just come back from repairs (new software) and I cannot access hotmail via the browser. I've set up one of my email accounts using the phone but it will not let me add another, so the only way I can access my second account is via the browser....BUT IT WONT LET ME......and I'm soo frustrated! (Since I posted the above message I CONTACTED THE GUYS AT T.MOBILE HELP AND THEY ADVISED ME TO DOWNLOAD AN APP CALLED "OPERA MINI", THIS HAS ALLOWED ME TO ACCESS MY HOTMAIL ACCOUNT. BRILLIANT!!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones