1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No longer can connect via USB

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KenK13, Dec 23, 2013.

1. KenK13

KenK13 Lurker

Hi All,

I'm suddenly having troubles with my Samsung Galaxy Win GT-I8552.

Previously, I've been able to plug it in to my laptop via USB to charge or copy files to/from the phone. However, it suddenly is no longer recognized by my computer. When I plug in the phone, it will still charge and display "Connected as a media device", but it no longer shows up as a device on my computer.

I've rebooted the phone, toggled USB debugging mode, switched cables, switched USB ports, tried another computer and results are always the same - nothing.

Also, the standard methods of accessing recovery or download modes do not have any affect on this particular phone. I've been trying:

Power + Volume Up + Home
    Power + Volume Down + Home
    Power + Volume Up & Down + Home

All of the combinations only reboot the phone as normal.

I was hoping I could just do a complete factory reset and start fresh, but cannot even do that with the key combinations I am aware of. I know I'm doing those combinations correctly since I do the same with a Samsung Galaxy Note and it enters the recovery or download modes as required.

Other than the problems I have mentioned above, the phone operates well with all other functions, apps, etc.

Any tips/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ken