1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root No Longer Have Data Connection, Please Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eric3316, Sep 18, 2010.

1. eric3316

eric3316 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    NC
    I went to install a theme on CM6 final and now my EVO will not bring up a 3G connection anymore even after flashing a stock rom. It will not connect to data or even show the 3g symbol.

I can still make calls though.

Does anyone know what setting might have changed or anything I can do to get my data back?

Advertisement

2. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Security Engineer
    Georgia
    Did you wipe dalvik and cache before flashing?

3. exclamation_mark

exclamation_mark Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    You may also try flashing the most up to date Radio's and WiMAX, mainly the radio.

4. uechij

uechij Member

Sep 20, 2010
    I had the same problem yesterday(no 3g or wifi connectivity). It just disappeared suddenly. I ended up calling sprint and they tried everything but could not fix it, so they told me to take it in to one of their stores. I figured they would just run their useless diagnostic check then tell me they will need to reflash it like they always do. So i decided to save myself the 30 mile drive and hour wait and handle it myself. I ended up reflashing it, and it fixed it....for now, but that was freaky.
    If anyone knows what this is about please let me know, thanks

5. winger

winger Member

Jan 26, 2011
    I have a full stock device and this happens to me occasionally. To get the 3G symbol / data connection back, I go to menu...settings...wireless & Networks...and then un check mobile networks...wait a seconds, then recheck. or sometimes just waiting some time and doing nothing fixes it. Sometimes the first method I mention results in issue occurring again a few times. On this case, just reset the device seems to work.

6. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Male
    East Tawas, MI
    First try reflashing the ROM after a FULL wipe. If that doesn't work, restore a sense ROM, call sprint.....they *should* be able to fix it over the phone.

7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    flash back to a sense rom and data reprovision

##3282#
    edit
    data profile
    menu
    restore

only works from a sense rom.

curious of why it could have happened other than the radio change and a loss of communication with the towers

Tags: