• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No LTE connection when network mode set to Automatic

BigL83

Lurker
Feb 15, 2011
I have a 1 day old s3 from ATT, I know for a fact I had 4G LTE symbol on my status bar can verify I had LTE since I did a couple speed tests and hit 18 mbps...I rooted the phone but I cant recall if the LTE connection stopped before or after I rooted...so now its been stuck on only 4G i do speedtest and I get 10mbps which is a nice speed but it bothers me the phone doesnt get LTE connection....

i tried the trick where you pop the simcard out while phone is on, then go to dialer and hit *#2263#...it is set to automatic....i changed it to LTE ALL restarted after inserted sim and sure enough it boots up with 4G LTE in the status bar...I do speed tests again and I hit 18mbps...however if I leave it on LTE ALL I cant recieve/make calls because ATT uses HSPA+ for phone calls....soooo sorry for the long post but if anybody could help me out and see why Im not able to get an LTE connection with automatic mode that would be great thanks in advanced to anybody that helps...

I have a 1 day old s3 from ATT, I know for a fact I had 4G LTE symbol on my status bar can verify I had LTE since I did a couple speed tests and hit 18 mbps...I rooted the phone but I cant recall if the LTE connection stopped before or after I rooted...so now its been stuck on only 4G i do speedtest and I get 10mbps which is a nice speed but it bothers me the phone doesnt get LTE connection....

i tried the trick where you pop the simcard out while phone is on, then go to dialer and hit *#2263#...it is set to automatic....i changed it to LTE ALL restarted after inserted sim and sure enough it boots up with 4G LTE in the status bar...I do speed tests again and I hit 18mbps...however if I leave it on LTE ALL I cant recieve/make calls because ATT uses HSPA+ for phone calls....soooo sorry for the long post but if anybody could help me out and see why Im not able to get an LTE connection with automatic mode that would be great thanks in advanced to anybody that helps...

something probably went wrong with the root. just try to restore it back to factory and test out the connection. if not lte anymore then you ****ed up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones