1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

no market access on wm8650

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drkdrgn, Dec 24, 2011.

1. drkdrgn

drkdrgn Lurker

My kids got this tablet for christmas from my parents, everything works fine except that you can not access the android market, well not the good one. I cant download any apps except from the Chinese market. I hve read a ton of post on here and tried a few things but none work. I dont want to do anything and risk bricking the thing. Any help would be great

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Ni hao.. I don't think you will be able to do much with it. You've basically got a grey imported China tablet, that is designed and intended for use here in China. You'll be able to surf the internet with it, watch videos on Tudou and Youku, maybe make some friends on QQ.

Some of these China tablets can be rooted and the software changed, but you've really got to know what you're doing.

3. netizenmt

netizenmt Android Enthusiast

Please take a look at this.

and this.

That's really the only way to get a WM8650 to work properly with the US version of the market. I've used both and had good success with each. Please read CAREFULLY to make sure you understand the process and the results. It's a pretty easy process as long as you follow the directions.

4. I came across this with my kids tablets. real easy fix.

Go to settings/applications/manage applications. click on the All tab. Scroll to Google Services Framework and click on it. Click Force Stop and then Clear Data. Then reboot the tablet. That should work for you. This all assumes you have set up a market account for them.