1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root No market after reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dakeith15, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Dakeith15

Dakeith15 Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    Okay so I rooted my phone following the guides here on the forum. I did flash clockwork recovery and it was working fine. I made a backup of the stock rom before I did anything. the problem is I was testing out a couple of roms and the last one didn't have the android market so I was gonna recover from a backup.

Herein lies the problem.... the recovery won't load this time. It just gives me a triangle with an exclamation point and reboots again. and I have no market to download rom manager and i'm at a loss. I can still use the phone and it's still rooted, I just can't enjoy the market or get any of my apps back. :(

So my question is, Is there any way to manually install the market and/or rom manager?

EDIT: Nevermind. I installed the market APK using the SDK tools.

Advertisement

2. thatguy4044

thatguy4044 Member
    None

Nov 24, 2010
    Chicago, Il
    Just out of curiosity what was the Tom that this happened with

3. jhcii

jhcii Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2011
    Working my butt off
    Middle Georgia USA

Most likely your recovery "didn't stick" Clockwork mod can and does work well, sometimes you just need to flash it 2 or 3 times for it to stick. Same if you flash Amonra from Clockwork mod. I'm not sure why, but some Ally's take the recovery the first time other's may take several times before it actually sticks for good. Just flash the recovery a couple times it should stick then.

Tags: