1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root No Micro HDMI support R915 Indulge unlike R910

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by damulta, Aug 6, 2011.

1. damulta

damulta Newbie
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Well from my reading everyone said the only real difference in the Galaxy s r910 and the r915 is just .LTE support.

I knoticed that the G.S has Micro Hdmi support and i could find anywhere talking about the 915 having it. after 1/2 hour with cricket on the phone they transfered me to samsung. where they went too tell me i was the first person to ask this. They kept on putting me on hold looking / calling and asking people{hope the right people.

Long story short the Indulge does not support Micro Hdmi. Like the Galaxy s does support.

Which sucks cause Netflix works on this phone not rooted eveen tho its not provided in the market yet. The apk found other places does an auto update from them. so idk beta lol.

differences in the 2 as i know of right now. Lte and Micro HDMI (Usb). could maybe be a reason the GS 7 rom isnt working on the Indulge which has been reported around the net.

Advertisement

2. is_mah_yell

is_mah_yell Member
    None

May 2, 2011
    Inland Empire, CA
    Are you sure the 910 has micro hdmi? I don't see a port or anything..

EDIT:

NVM

3. damulta

damulta Newbie
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Yes USB HDMI 1.4 support should be 3d output also.

I don't see them producing two different PCB boards for two phones almost alike. I think IMO that they had a bunch of bad stock seeing 4g is new, and instead of trashing the bad ones. They are selling them as the 915. Which they just dummed down to 3g, and no HDMI(I'm guessing they didn't want too get the HDMI approving polity fees on bad boards)

Which sometimes in these cases one can flash features that were removed. At least it's been done in cases of Binned CPUs, Binned GPU(Video Cards). Sometimes they do run out of bad bins, and stock good ones in that they still dumb down too what they are selling them as.

A good sign would be if someone did a flash update, and that feature unlocked for them. Then another person did the flash, and the phone just locked up would not accept the update. Meaning that bad bin pull was just too bad to run at all......

I might order a cable anyways, and just test / see if it does work. Maybe they just didn't get it approved, but didn't lock out the feature.....one never knows....

4. Heavyweightgd6

Heavyweightgd6 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Soooo? This means people with the indulge from metro can do the mirco hdmi thing???????

5. k0nane

k0nane Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2011
    Male
    I do stuff, with things
    Extremely unlikely. If the hardware's there (slim chance), the software definitely is not.

Also: bad user! BAD! ;) Don't necro threads.

tlc08071 likes this.
  6. tiede

tiede Android Expert
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Male
    curious, aren't we?
    Orlando, Fl
    But it's such a fun thing to do! :D LOL