• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No mms message can be received.

I have a Galaxy J3 Luna Pro and can not seem to download mms messages. I have mms turned on and contacted Samsung for some help and they showed me his to clear my cache.
Still can not download messages of this nature.

Hate to think I may have to call tracfone.
Anyone have a hint of what may help?
Thanks,
Jim

Mobile data should be turned on (you might need to disconnect from WiFi). If it still doesn't work then check your APN settings. Many carriers have separate APNs for MMS - you should be able to find your carrier's from their website or a Web search.
Hadron,
Thanks for the note. Because my ability with IT type issues is limited, I have no idea where to go as you suggest. I did search for APN settings and was unable to find these settings.
This is not that critical to me and it is getting complicated. I thought something simple would work, but alas it isn't simple.

Thanks again for the time you took to respond.
Regards,
Jim

Upvote 0
Hadron,
Thanks for the note. Because my ability with IT type issues is limited, I have no idea where to go as you suggest. I did search for APN settings and was unable to find these settings.
This is not that critical to me and it is getting complicated. I thought something simple would work, but alas it isn't simple.

Thanks again for the time you took to respond.
Regards,
Jim
APNs (Access Point Names) will be in your mobile data settings.

Upvote 0
O.K. everyone that has tried to help.
I have it figured out.
Tracfone has the ability to separate data, texts and minutes. Unforunately I ran out of data minutes and did not realize it.
I purchased some data minutes and all is well now. Just took lunch and a cold beverage for my brain to sort it out.
It is ALL GOOD!
Thanks to all who assisted.
Regards,
Jim

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones