1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No mobile data connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by L2G78, Mar 20, 2019.

1. L2G78

L2G78 Lurker

I have a connectivity issue after installing a system update. I originally purchased this S9 while under Verizon contract, a few months ago I switched to Straight Talk without issue. I installed the latest android system update yesterday morning and now I don't have any mobile data connection. I can still make phone calls, but if I try to use a browser or an app tries to use mobile data, it doesn't work.

I also get a setup wizard message that says "sim card is not from Verizon wireless". That message has shown up before, but I never lost mobile data before.

I have reset my apn, check the network selected, etc and the problem still persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. n0tall0wed

n0tall0wed Android Enthusiast

Did you finish paying for the phone and have it unlocked before switching?

3. L2G78

L2G78 Lurker

RESOLVED:

Yes, it worked fine for months after leaving Verizon. The issue just started yesterday after the system update.

Straight Talk was able to walk me through the process to fix the phone, after multiple phone calls and attempts to fix this. They had me manually create a new APN with new settings and it's working again.

n0tall0wed, svim and Jfalls63 like this.
  4. CREM

CREM Lurker

Can you post what your APN settings look like now? I am having the same issues

5. kausrita

kausrita Lurker

Nur mobile daten funktioniert nicht? Oder ist die netz Verbindung auch nicht dort?

Hast du dein Handy aus und wieder eingeschaltet?
    Ist mobile Datenverbindung eingeschaltet?
    Wird die sim karte vom Gerät erkannt?

Das kannst du in Einstellungen ganz unten 'Telefoninfo' und dann direkt das erste wählen 'status' und dann wieder direkt das erste wählen 'simkartenstatus'

Oder auf Mobile Daten und dort deine apn Verbindung prüfen, oben rechts auf die 3 Punkte, und dann apn auf Standardwerte zurücksenden, handy neu starten

6. kausrita

kausrita Lurker

**Sorry**

Only mobile data not working? Or is the network connection not there either? Did you turn your cell phone off and on again? Is the mobile data connection turned on? Is the SIM card recognized by the device? You can do that in settings at the bottom 'phone info' and then directly select the first 'status' and then directly select the first 'simkartestatus' again or on mobile data and check your apn connection there, at the top right on the 3 dots, and then apn send back to default values, restart mobile phone

Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus release date was March 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.2" screen, 12MP camera, 6GB storage, Exynos 9810 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

March 2018
Release Date
Reviews