• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No mobile data during phone calla - Motorola Droid Turbo 2

FWIW, Advanced Calling/VoLTE only gives mobile data when you are in an area with LTE. If you have 3G coverage, you cannot have simultaneous voice and data over mobile.

Also, for your wife, Verizon iPhones from the iPhone 5s on (5s; 6 and 6+; 6s and 6s+; SE; 7 and 7+) can do calls over LTE. It's a setting in settings / cellular / enable LTE - make sure that it is set to "voice and data". iPhone 5, 5c or any of the iPhone 4 models cannot do voice and data over LTE, though.

Upvote 0
I Just bought,new Droid Turbo, found that you cannot be on a call and use data, only way is by wifi only. All my other Droids had this ability. I have called Motorola c.service twice, they no nothing of the issue, of not being able to use data while on the phone.(new droid turbo) Please inform me of when this update will be pushed out. Per Verizon, Motorola is aware and working on issue, as well as other forums, but Motorola reps are unaware.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice.

Is this the setting on preferred network type? Right now, it is Global. Should I change to LTE / CDMA or LTE / GSM / UTMS?

This has mostly happened in the car, so it could be a 3G vs 4G issue. This is a recent problem. I've had Turbo 2 for 9 months and just had it now.

Thanks for tips on wife phone. She has 6S so will look at the settings

Upvote 0
I Just bought,new Droid Turbo, found that you cannot be on a call and use data, only way is by wifi only. All my other Droids had this ability. I have called Motorola c.service twice, they no nothing of the issue, of not being able to use data while on the phone.(new droid turbo) Please inform me of when this update will be pushed out. Per Verizon, Motorola is aware and working on issue, as well as other forums, but Motorola reps are unaware.

Just to be clear... the Droid Turbo and Droid Turbo 2 are two different phones and this is the Turbo 2 forum area... not the Turbo one. If you have just the Turbo, you may want to post in the proper forum area for your phone. ( The Turbo also has the Advanced calling feature BTW )

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones