• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Mobile Data on unlocked SM-G935W8 after latest update - Please Help!

fun_e_mahn

Lurker
Aug 31, 2017
Hello,
I have a Galaxy S7 Edge – Canadian Edition (SM-G935W8) that I successfully unlocked, and was successfully using it in Thailand with one of their largest providers (True-H) and getting great LTE data connection and speed. However, recently, for the life of me I can’t get any mobile data whatsoever. Please see the below relevant information & any help / input would be greatly appreciated.

• The problem started when I accepted the latest Android System and Security Update over the air. Prior to that I was getting either a “4G” or “LTE” logo beside me signal strength bars. After the update, no more logo, no more mobile data.
  • I am able to receive SMS text messages.
  • I went through all permutations of Network Modes and Network Operators.
  • I created and tried all the published APNs.
  • I took it to the provider store and they tried the same without success.
  • I downgraded my ROM to the oldest version of Nougat available via Odin. I made sure to flash all components incl. modem and bootloader (clicking bootloader checkbox in Odin).
  • When I toggle between Network Modes and Operators, I receive “Registered Successfully” and Time/Date gets auto synchronized.
  • I cleared cache & factory reset.
  • The one difference that struck me was that I initially had my Canadian SIM (Rogers) in my phone before putting the Thai one in. Now, I lost my Rogers SIM and don’t have the option to experiment by putting it in then the Thai one in again.
Do I need to root?
Something to do with Regions and new Security?

Any help on this would be super appreciated!!

Thanks a ton in advance!!

Cheers!! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170831-143102.png
    Screenshot_20170831-143102.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 215
  • Screenshot_20170831-143129.png
    Screenshot_20170831-143129.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot_20170831-143135.png
    Screenshot_20170831-143135.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 147

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones