1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No More 3G for GNex?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fed123, Dec 23, 2011.

1. fed123

fed123 Newbie

I had decided to use my GNex in 3G to save battery. After having my phone about a week, sometime after 6:20 PM last night I have no longer been able to do so, getting grey bars allowing voice but no data.

I now only get voice and data with wifi or 4G.

I am in Maplewood, New Jersey.

Anyone else notice this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

That's not how it should be working. If you have another line, call VZW support, there could be a local issue or you might even be provisioned wrong.

3. Karuk

Karuk Android Enthusiast

+1

I've been having constant 3g and 4g data connection drops. I had data for about 10% of the time yesterday. Had to resort to wifi.

I called verizon and spoke with a very nice lady who know nothing. Told me to go to the store and get a new sim. No big deal. Hope it resolves my issue.

I will say that is seems odd that this issue has only popped up the last 2 days. Working pretty well prior.

4. fed123

fed123 Newbie

My 3G came back today. I don't think there was an issue with the phone, but it was weird that my daughter was able to get voice and data the whole time with her Verizon Droid 3.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews