• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No more download mode

AlanB1976

Jul 13, 2011
UK
Hey all.
I just updated to KE7 from the samsung site and now want to root my phone. Since that update, I can't get into download mode through the hardware buttons (worked before). I've found a way of getting in with a modified USB connection, but don't have any spare lying around, and don't want to go buy one just to break it :p
There must be a way to initiate a download mode reboot through software. I heard it can be done through development tools, but have had problems getting the necessary installed on the phone.
Does anyone know of an easy way of getting into download mode now?
Thanks
Alan

I can't believe it. I tried like 30 times (with the correct key combination), and could never get in. I got in numerous times before the update. That's what led me to believe it was the update. Now, it suddenly works. I did put a new case on so I might have not made good connection with the volume down button.
Thanks anyway.... just glad I can finally root it again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones